Enrollment Procedure in Glendale, AZ
Pinnacle Pointe Academy is a tuition-free public charter school in Glendale, AZ. Therefore, admission to Pinnacle Pointe Academy is not limited based upon income level, athletic ability, academic ability, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disabling condition, or proficiency in the English language. In accordance with A.R.S. 15-184(A), Pinnacle Pointe admits all eligible students who submit timely, completed application (registration) when space is available in the specific program, class, grade level or building. As allowed by ARS 15-184(I), Pinnacle Pointe does not enroll students who have been expelled or are in the process of being expelled from another school.
Pinnacle Pointe Academy provides a demanding academic program with an emphasis on the development of analytical thinking, knowledge, character, and leadership skills. When deciding whether Pinnacle Pointe Academy is the best fit for your family, we recommend meeting with the principal and attending an orientation. Pinnacle Pointe believes that a motivated student, with parent support, will excel in an environment of high academic and behavioral standards. As a student, you don’t have to possess a special talent or be the smartest person in the class to enroll at Pinnacle Pointe or be successful here. All you need is a desire to be more than you are right now.
Upon receipt of a completed registration, Pinnacle Pointe Academy’s administration will determine if space is available in the appropriate program/class/grade level and will notify the parent when the student has been accepted. Because we need a completed file to schedule classes, we encourage parents to submit all paperwork at one time. We do not use academic or disciplinary information/records to deny enrollment, except as allowed by ARS 15-184(I). However, a student will lose enrollment status if the enrollment paperwork does not match the academic records from the prior school. For example: If Pinnacle Pointe accepted the student into 4th grade based on enrollment paperwork, but the prior school did not promote the student from 3rd grade to 4th grade, the student forfeits his/her place in Pinnacle Pointe’s 4th grade class and will be placed at the end of the waiting list for 3rd grade.
As allowed by ARS 15-184(I), Pinnacle Pointe Academy honors the expulsions of other schools/districts and does not enroll students who have been expelled or are in the process of being expelled from another school. Therefore, a student’s file is not complete and the student will not be scheduled for classes until Pointe has been able to review the student’s complete disciplinary record. Pinnacle Pointe Academy also honors the suspensions of other schools/districts. Students who have not been expelled and are not in the process of being expelled but are under active suspension from another school will be admitted if there is space, and required to serve out their suspension by attending Pointe’s OSS Program prior to being scheduled for regular classes or participating in extracurricular and/or campus activities. Additionally, students with prior disciplinary actions may be required to participate in a Preventative Behavior Intervention Program.
A student who has received a failing grade from another school or district may be required to participate in a Preventative Academic Intervention Program. Pinnacle Pointe Academy is not a credit recovery school and does not have a credit recovery program. Students must have credits necessary for their academic program. Therefore, a student’s file is not complete and the student cannot be scheduled for classes until Pointe has been able to review the student’s complete academic record.
Pinnacle Pointe Academy Student File Checklist
Only the Student Registration (1), proof of age and identity (8), and proof of residency (9) must be submitted for the student’s enrollment application to be considered complete. For your convenience, we provide a list of the items necessary to complete the student’s file and that we need before the student is scheduled for classes. Most families find it easiest to submit all the documents at one time. Contact us for assistance if necessary.
- Pinnacle Pointe Student Registration*
- Military Connected Student Identifier
- Educational Information
- Suspension Information
- Student Profile
- Arizona Department Education Child Find Form
- Arizona Department of Education Home Language Survey (English or Spanish)
- Arizona Department of Education Race/Ethnicity Form
- Proof of age and identity*: certified copy of birth certificate, or other reliable evidence of age and identity and affidavit explaining why birth certificate is not available.
- Arizona Department of Education Arizona Residency Documentation Form* with copies of documents that satisfy the state requirements for proving Arizona residency. Affidavit of Shared Residence is included in case it is needed.
Residence is included in case it is needed.
- Proof of immunization*: up to date and complete immunization records. Homeless students must provide immunization records within 5 calendar days of enrollment.
- Academic Records* (if applicable – unofficial transcript, most recent report card, etc.)
- Disciplinary Records
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form
- Custody Paper (if applicable)
- Withdrawal Paperwork* (from previous school)
*Students without fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residences have the right to Immediate enrollment in the school they last attended or the local school where they are currently staying, even if they do not have all of the documents normally required at the time of enrollment without fear of being separated or treated differently due to their housing situations.
- 2021-2022 Pinnacle Pointe Academy Registration Packet
- 2020-2021 Pinnacle Pointe Academy Registration Packet
- Suspension Form
- Idioma Principal en el Hogar excluyendo el inglés (PHLOTE) Encuesta sobre el Idioma en el Hogar
- Arizona Department of Education Arizona Residency Documentation Form
- State of Arizona Affidavit of Shared Residence